Speakers & Course Descriptions
Sherri M Lukes, RDH, MS, FAADH
From the inside out: Where periosystemic “Links” with oral pathology
The commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to care makes dental professionals key stakeholders in maintaining overall health for patients. From heart disease to rheumatoid arthritis, an understanding of the perio-systemic link is vital in the responsibility to assist patients in management of chronic illness. This evidence-based course examines several chronic health conditions and the role pathogenic oral bacteria play in disease pathophysiology. Oral pathologies that develop from either the condition itself or pharmacologic agents utilized in treatment will be explored, engaging participants in differential diagnoses during case presentations. Hygienists empowered to be active participants in total patient health can differentiate a practice and build confidence and appreciation among patients.
Robert D. Rutner, DDS, DICOI
Single Tooth Repair in 1 hour
This course will reveal how to become confident in tooth replacement. Whether you are novice or experienced practitioner
- How to replace a tooth in hour
- How to produce 1,000 per hour, while making patients fantastically happy
- De-mystifying implant placement for the beginner
Laura Hatch, CEO of Front Office Rocks
Build Your Team that Rocks!
Learn the communication skills and procedures that create the ultimate customer service experience. Learn how to handle common scheduling issues as a team by reducing cancellations/no-shows, learning how to set production goals, maximize treatment coverage and increasing case acceptance. Improve and master the essential systems to experience a happier, higher producing team and take your practice to the next level with well-defined systems and proper training. When all team members understand the ‘why’ behind ‘what’ they are asked to do, the practice runs more efficiently and smoothly.
- Techniques for setting and achieving production goals
- Breakdown the schedule and learn to manage issues as they arise
- Communication skills and protocols for cancellations and no-shows
- Communication skills for gaining case acceptance
Dr. Paul Homoly, CSP
Making it Easy for Patients to Say YES!
Making it Easy for Patients to Say “YES” is a highly interactive workshop using case study simulations that make your lessons immediately relevant to your everyday practice.
Making it Easy for Patients to Say “YES” is specifically designed for you if you have a broad-base, general “bread and butter” practice and are also growing the complex care aspect of your practice – cosmetic, implant, CAD CAM, 3D imaging/airway, and rehabilitative dentistry.
This workshop is designed to introduce you to the essential strategies of the new patient process and case acceptance from the initial telephone call through case presentation/financial discussions.
- Simple vs. Complex care patients – Offer complete care without blowing patients out of the water due to sticker shock
- Influence patients while never sounding like a salesperson
- The Four Chiefs TM – Essential conversations that distinguish you from all other providers
- The Sequence of Influence TM – How to present treatment so patients really listen
- The Cross-over Zone TM – Manage your economic comfort zone and increase your confidence when quoting high fees
- Building stacks – How to manage patients who are not yet ready for dental care
The workshop incorporates excellent instructional design making the content easy and fun to learn. It’s immediately applicable in your practice and designed for the entire dental team to attend.
Dr. Jan Gorniak
Death Investigations by Teeth
Carlos Rodriguez, RDH
Exceptional Patient Care is No Joke!
This course is designed to help team members communicate clearly and effectively through the use of open and honest dialogue, for the purpose of working together efficiently so exceptional patient care can be delivered. Many of us fear conflict resolution when it really is just a conversation. By establishing a pathway for addressing concerns in a safe and non-confrontational manner, team members have an outlet so frustration and apathy does not set in and have a chance to affect patient care. Building team camaraderie is vital to office success & patient satisfaction!
- Know how to minimize misunderstandings and confusion through clear communication
- How to deal with all aspects of stress from patients
- Learn how every team member has an integral role in creating a setting where patients feel comfortable
- Get your patients to love referring family and friends, ultimately making the practice more productive and profitable
2018’s Most Effective Social Media Marketing Tactics for Dental Practices
Social media marketing for dentists is growing up! And although the specific tools and tactics are always changing, the principles that drive real effectiveness remain the same. Join My Social Practice partner, Adrian Lefler as he leads you through a lively, highly visual journey to your own practice’s social media marketing nirvana. Whether you’re just getting started, or you’re already a social media marketing guru, you’ll leave Adrian’s lecture with a crystal clear understanding of how social media marketing works for dental practices, along with actionable, takeaway ideas you’ll use immediately in your own practice.
- Start creating share-worthy content that helps new patients find you.
- Implement simple methods for getting great reviews (and more of them).
- Empower your team members with effective participation skills.
- Learn how to better retain patients through many case study examples.